Vaping has become a popular way to consume nicotine, or in some cases THC. Cartridges or pods are used, and these can be closed or open systems. A closed system is a cartridge filled with e-juice that can’t be refilled. An open system allows you to refill the cartridge with your own e-juice. Here’s what you need to know about which is right for you.
What’s an e-pod?
A pod is a small container that holds liquid, usually either nicotine or THC. It’s designed to be used with an e-cigarette or vape mod, and it screws into the top of the device. Using an e-pod is simple — just screw the pod into the top of your device and start vaping. Once the pod is empty, you throw it away and replace it with a new one.
How do open pods work?
Open pods usually consist of a cartridge, mouthpiece and atomizer coil. The cartridge holds the liquid, which can be refilled by removing the mouthpiece and pouring juice into a hole in the top of the cartridge. Some open pod cartridges come prefilled from the manufacturer, while others are sold empty so you can fill them yourself.
Both closed and open system vaping devices rely on pre-filled cartridges that are filled with eliquid and then attached to a vape battery. Closed system vape pods are disposable, while open system vape pods can be refilled and recharged. Pre-filled cartridges allow for efficient vaping and more convenience than other types of vaping devices, which require e-liquid refill bottles as well as other tools for assembly.
Closed System Vaping Devices
Closed system vapes have pre-filled cartridges that hold e-liquid inside of them, which simplifies vaping and makes it easy for beginners to get started with this type of device. With a closed system vape pod, you simply screw the pre-filled cartridge onto your vape battery, turn the device on, then inhale. Closed pods come in all different sizes, designs and configurations which allows you to choose one that fits your lifestyle and personal preferences.
Closed Pod System Benefits:
- They are very easy to use
- There is no need to change coils or refill e-liquid on a daily basis
- They usually have a longer battery life than open pod systems as they tend to be slightly larger and/or have a higher mAh battery
- All parts are disposable, so there is little maintenance
- The vape pods are pre-filled with e-juice by the manufacturer, making them more hygienic and simpler to use than open pod systems which require you to fill your own e-liquid reservoir with purchased bottles of juice.