Flat feet is a condition where there is no curve in either one foot or both feet. If such a person stood on his legs, almost all his feet might touch the floor. When you’re born, you have a flat foot, much like all other people. However, once you attain the age of six, you begin to develop curves in them. But it’s been seen that not everyone will get these arches in their feet and may become victims of a situation called a flat foot. Flat foot in itself is not a major problem for most people, and timely treatment can help a lot.
Situations where you should seek medical help in case of flat feet american fork:
- When you have difficulty in walking or standing: Flat feet may cause discomfort while walking or standing. It may even prevent you from participating in various physical activities, and thereby affect your overall quality of life. Hence, in this situation, you must seek medical help so that the underlying issue can be diagnosed and treated.
- In case of pain: Flat feet may also lead to pain and discomfort in your hips, knees, ankles, and even in your lower back. However, you must not keep bearing this pain and consult a professional healthcare provider immediately.
- Inflammation: If you feel that your feet and adjoining areas have swollen or developed redness, they might indicate a bigger problem, and getting it checked by a professional is always a wise idea.
- In case of deformity in your feet: Flat feet might also cause changes inside the bone structure or the muscle groups of the affected location, and conditions like that of bunions may additionally form. Hence, in an effort to prevent the formation of those harmful deformities, it’s far more important that you get yourself checked as soon as possible.
- In case you are not able to perform daily activities: Your flatfeet may additionally interfere with your normal activities, including playing sports, going for a stroll, doing physical activities, and so forth. In this scenario, you have to look for clinical recommendations, so that you can regain your lost ability to live to the fullest.
- If the condition is getting worse over time: If you feel that the condition of your feet is changing and the signs and symptoms are getting severe, you must consult your physician without any delay.
- If the problem is related to a child: Most children begin to develop arches in their feet by the age of six. However, if your child hasn’t developed any curves in his feet, it might be the right time to seek medical attention.