The tummy tuck is one of the most popular cosmetic operations. Hundreds of thousands of individuals worldwide undergo tummy tuck Beverly Hills surgery every year. A tummy tuck, also known as abdominoplasty, is a surgical body reshaping procedure that efficiently corrects abdominal muscle separation and extra skin. It also surgically eliminates persistent fat deposits in the stomach to flatten and tighten it. Although tummy tucks are more prevalent among women, they may also be performed on males who want to tighten their abdominal muscles and eliminate loose, sagging skin. Here are some characteristics of a great tummy tuck candidate:
- You should be in generally excellent health, with no current infections.
- The tummy tuck is not a weight-loss treatment; therefore, you should be at or near your target body weight.
- You need to get rid of additional fat and skin in your midsection.
- A tummy tuck is typical among women who have just given birth and those who have recently lost a significant amount of weight.
Taking care of yourself following the treatment
The operation site will be stitched and bandaged whether you get a partial or total tummy tuck. You must observe your doctor’s bandage maintenance guidelines for several days after surgery. A tight, elastic bandage will be utilized to aid healthy healing. Your surgeon will also show you how to position yourself properly when sitting or lying down to reduce pain. You must restrict intense activities for at least six weeks. To ensure appropriate healing, you may need to take one month off work following the procedure. Your specialist will tell you what you should and should not do.
Preventative approaches for improving skin elasticity
If you are considering liposuction or a tummy tuck, there are several actions you may do to increase the suppleness of your skin. These are some examples:
1. Cover the affected area with clothing and use a broad-spectrum sunscreen with an SPF of at least 50 to protect your skin from harmful sun exposure.
2. Avoid tanning salons and tanning beds, exposing your skin to UV radiation.
3. Reduce your alcohol consumption. Drinking alcoholic drinks can have negative impacts on your skin and your general health. Alcohol dehydrates the skin, leading it to lose its natural firmness and brightness, producing irritation, and making it more likely to have fine lines, wrinkles, and visible pores.
4. Skin resurfacing techniques should be performed. Non-surgical cosmetic procedures such as microdermabrasion, chemical peels, microneedling, and laser-based treatments cause micro-injuries in the skin, stimulating the skin’s natural healing response and increasing collagen and elastin production.
5. Quit smoking forever. Smoking has a significant influence on your skin health in several ways. Tobacco contains nicotine and other substances that lead to premature skin aging and destroy cellular structures required to maintain usual skin suppleness.
Most people are pleased with their new appearance after undergoing this operation. However, you may not feel like yourself for months following the procedure. It is a substantial emotional, physical, and financial investment. To keep your new look, you must eat right and exercise often. Call Joshua Jacobson, MD, or schedule your appointment online to determine if you are a suitable candidate for a tummy tuck.