The Generic Strattera medication works on the harmful chemicals emitted by the nerve and human brain that affects the mental condition of people. It is found that using Strattera on a regular basis helps in reducing, if not eliminating it completely, triggering hyperactivity as well as controlling impulse.
A product that is usually distributed as Generic Atomoxetine as well this medication is primarily designed to treat ADHD or Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder. If your doctor approves it, then this medicine can successfully treat both short term and long term ADHD symptoms by relieving them.
The working process of this drug is fairly simple wherein the harmful chemicals are altered preventing the user from experiencing mental conditions. There are lots of users who have corroborated the fact saying that they no more feel uncomfortable and their condition has improved in a significant way.
About the medicine
Strattera is the trade name for Atomoxetine that is used in its making. Though the brand is owned by Eli Lilly and Company, the formula however is no longer a secret protected by any exclusive copyright. That means there are several other similar medicines that may have similar effects available on the market under different names. A brief history of this medicine and its features include:
- It was first developed in the late 1990s and it was initially designed as an antidepressant. At that time it was not an effective medicine to treat depression though.
- Over time and on further tests it was revealed that the medicine can treat people suffering from attention deficiency and hyperactivity disorder.
- It is for the fact that it can treat hyperactivity disorder that it was approved by the FDA late in the year 2002.
Presently, you will find Strattera under a wide range of names. Some of these are also cheaper such as Generic Strattera which is not a listed trademark but simply a collective term.
The working principle
All generics of Strattera are active agents and are known to be the most powerful and selective inhibitor of the presynaptic norepinephrine transporter.
- After it inhibits it starts working on the carriers of dopamine and serotonin. It is proven to have minimal interaction with the other transporters, noradrenergic receptors, and receptors of neurotransmitters.
- The most significant metabolite of Atomoxetine is to inhibit the carriers of serotonin. However, this metabolite is vulnerable to additional metabolism. This helps it to circulate in your blood plasma in nominal amounts.
However, you should not consider this medicine as a psycho-stimulant. Using this medicine will not cause any addiction. This is not an inducing agent to cause euphoria in the user and will not render any properties of a stimulant. That means you can use it without worrying about becoming addicted to it.
Safety factor of children
ADHD is a medical issue that is mostly experienced by children and therefore it is imperative for you to know whether or not it is safe on children and how far it is effective on them before you start using on them.
Clinical testing has shown that children suffering from Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder experienced a much higher rate of alleviation from the ADHD symptoms in comparison to any other placebo. Most importantly, there was no side effects reported proving that it is both safe and effective on children.
In addition to that, it was found that the effectiveness of Atomoxetine was varied when it is used for a long term such as:
- Only 18% of the respondents of a particular study experienced exacerbations within a period of one year of the therapy using this medicine and
- 31% percent patients reported exacerbations when they used a placebo.
It was also found in the study that when a patient continues taking the medicine for about six months after a one year therapy, this percentage of patients experiencing relapses falls dramatically.
The unsafe users
However, this medicine is not designed for all which is why a doctor’s consultation is appreciated before you use it. Moreover, if you know that you suffer from any of these medical conditions you should surely refrain from using this medicine. People who should avoid taking this medicine include:
- Those allergic or sensitive to any of its components
- Those suffering from narrow or closed angle glaucoma
- Those having serious heart issues and vessel disorders
- Those who have cerebrovascular disorders and
- Those who suffer from pheochromocytoma.
Consult your doctor if you suffer from any cardiovascular conditions because there are lots of different other conditions to know when you should not buy and use Atomoxetine. These are:
- Heart failure
- Occlusal arterial damage
- Significant congenital heart disease
- Angina pectoris
- Severe elevated pressure in the arteries
- Myocardial infarction and
- Life threatening arrhythmias.
The doctor may also use his or her discretion in other medical conditions such as aneurysm of cerebral vessels, serious cerebrovascular conditions, and stroke. Yyou should also not use this medicine during lactation and on children under six years.
The substances not to use
There are a few substances that should not be used with Generic Strattera. If you take other medicines such as MAO inhibitors then you should not consume this medicine as well.
- In addition to that if you take high dose of Salbutamol or any other beta 2-agonists in an aerosol form you should not use the medicine with because the effect of Salbutamol will be enhanced on your cardiovascular system.
- You must not use the drug with substances that are aimed to reduce arterial pressure because it will lower the effectiveness.
Apart from that, you should not use it with any drugs that influence noradrenaline and are antidepressants such as Venlafaxine, Imipramine, and other anti-swelling medicines.
Wrapping it up
Always buy it from reliable stores like RXShopMD.com. You can take the does in full every morning. In case you cannot tolerate it you can split it into two doses. While taking swallow the capsules completely. Crushing or splitting the contents may cause irritation to the eyes. Always monitor blood pressure and heart rate to be safe and consult a doctor for anything unusual.